- You are stronger than you realise.
- You are crueller than you realise.
- The smallest words will break your heart.
- You will change. You’re not the same person you were three years ago. You’re not even the same person you were three minutes ago and that’s okay. Especially if you don’t like the person you were three minutes ago.
- People come and go. Some are cigarette breaks, others are forest fires.
- You won’t like your name until you hear someone say it in their sleep.
- You’ll forget your email password but ten years from now you’ll still remember the number of steps up to his flat.
- You don’t have to open the curtains if you don’t want to.
- Never stop yourself texting someone. If you love them at 4 a.m., tell them. If you still love them at 9.30 a.m., tell them again.
- Make sure you have a safe place. Whether it’s the kitchen floor or the Travel section of a bookshop, just make sure you have a safe place.
- You will be scared of all kinds of things, of spiders and clowns and eating alone, but your biggest fear will be that people will see you the way you see yourself.
- Sometimes, looking at someone will be like looking into the sun. Sometimes someone will look at you like you are the sun. Wait for it.
- You will learn how to sleep alone, how to avoid the cold corners but still fill a bed.
- Always be friends with the broken people. They know how to survive.
- You can love someone and hate them, all at once. You can miss them so much you ache but still ignore your phone when they call.
- You are good at something, whether it’s making someone laugh or remembering their birthday. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that these things don’t matter.
- You will always be hungry for love. Always. Even when someone is asleep next to you you’ll envy the pillow touching their cheek and the sheet hiding their skin.
- Loneliness is nothing to do with how many people are around you but how many of them understand you.
- People say I love you all the time. Even when they say, ‘Why didn’t you call me back?’ or ‘He’s an asshole.’ Make sure you’re listening.
- You will be okay.
- You will be okay.
i. find out what is good for your soul. go out and buy twenty of it. immerse yourself in it. surround yourself with it. spend days on end marvelling in the sheer amazingness of it. love it with all your heart.
ii. find wonder in the little things. realise that it does not have to be big to be beautiful. take pleasure in the pitter-patter of rain on the window and the old, musty smell of books and the flash of rainbow in a butterfly’s wing.
iii. spend time outside. dance by yourself in the pouring rain. run barefoot through the cool, wet grass. lie on your back and watch the cotton candy clouds. when strangers look at you oddly, invite them to join you.
iv. smile for no reason at all.
v. let yourself cry. when the tears are prickling at the back of your eyelids, let them fall. let yourself grieve for what is lost. then, once you have cried yourself out, wipe your eyes and smile because even though it is over, it happened and you will never forget it.
vi. look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how amazing and beautiful you are.
vii. do something kind for someone you have never met before. enjoy the look of shock and gratitude on their face.
viii. laugh until your stomach hurts and your breath is coming in gasps and tears are streaming down your cheeks and your face is cherry-red and you forget what you were laughing about in the first place. then remember what was so funny and start laughing all over again.
ix. spend time with people who make you want to question and wonder and remember and ponder. spend time with people who make you want to laugh and cry and kiss and hug. spend time with people who make you want to twirl around and let your hair down and dance into the sunset.
x. realise that it is okay to not be perfect all the time, that you are human and you make mistakes. let yourself feel. let yourself give your heart away. let yourself laugh and cry.
xi. immerse yourself in the wonder that it is to be alive.Topaz Winters
I’m not letting anyone rain on my parade today. This is my second happy day in a row, and I just, I want it to stay like this. It makes me feel warm, and content, and it’s been a long time since I’ve felt so content, and just, yeah man, alhamdulillah.
My lungs made of rain.
My mind synonymous with the winds,
And when I’ve grown tired of exploring the worlds,
And exhausting the stars
To finally find someone who ignites the fires of my heart
And sets ablaze the embers of my thoughts.
I will only then, abandon my solitude, To let someone in to roam with me in the cosmos of my soul. You showed me that the universe is always expanding. (via pennyroyalprincess)
May Allah (swt) grant you all that is good for you, and make easy for you any endeavours that are right for you. (ameen) I’ll be keeping you in my prayers, and I hope that anyone reading this will take a small moment to pray for you/send good vibes your way. :’)
Let me know how it goes!
asked by Anonymous